- Idaho Smart Growth Hires Executive Director
- Idaho Smart Growth is pleased to announce the selection of ...
- New Idaho Smart Growth Publication: Area of City Impact: A Tool Kit of Guidelines and Resources
- As Idaho continues to grow, it must grow in a way that ...
- Welcome new board members and officers!
- Idaho Smart Growthis pleased to announce the addition of ...
Generally, smart growth is defined around a list of ten principles. These include:
- Provide a variety of transportation choices.
- Mix land uses.
- Create a range of housing opportunities and choices.
- Create walkable neighborhoods.
- Encourage community and stakeholder collaboration.
- Foster distinctive, attractive communities with a strong sense of place.
- Make development decisions predictable, fair and cost effective.
- Preserve open space, farmland, natural beauty and critical environmental areas.
- Strengthen and direct development towards existing communities.
- Adopt compact building patterns and efficient infrastructure design.
- Learn more about these principles in our best practices matrix