- Member Breakfast with Russ Duke
- Join us May 23 for our next member-only breakfast in the ...
- Job Opening - Idaho Smart Growth Executive Director
- Idaho Smart Growth is seeking an experienced, talented and ...
- New Idaho Smart Growth Publication: Area of City Impact: A Tool Kit of Guidelines and Resources
- As Idaho continues to grow, it must grow in a way that ...
2011 Idaho Smart Growth Accomplishments
Assisting Idaho Communities
- Provided direct assistance to 19 communities around Idaho: American Falls; Boise; Caldwell; Coeur d’Alene; Emmett; Fremont County; Hailey; Homedale; Idaho City; Idaho Falls; Ketchum; Kimberly; Lewiston; Moscow; Mountain Home; Nampa; Potlatch; Pocatello, Sandpoint.
- Continued our work with 5 Active Living Task Forces to create healthier and safer transportation options in Nampa, Lewiston, Moscow, Idaho Falls, and Blaine County.
- Supported our partners in Nampa in opening the state’s first bicycle boulevard.
- Provided free technical assistance to Caldwell, American Falls, Kimberly, Potlatch, and Moscow to make it easier and safer for kids to walk and bike to school by implementing Safe Routes to Schools policies.
- Helped Moscow, Idaho Falls, Caldwell, Nampa and Kimberly conduct bicyclists and pedestrian counts to assess the volume of users in order to better provide pedestrian and bicycle services.
- Maintained a coalition of more than 50 organizations and individuals who support transportation choices.
- Formed a “Project Incentive” committee to identify ways to make it easier to get good development built, make the development process fair and predictable, and to encourage collaboration.
Presentations, Workshops & Classes
- Complete Streets presentation for Active Living and Health Communities at the Community Transportation Association of Idaho (CTAI) Mobility Conference, Idaho American Planning Association (APA) annual conference, and six presentations in four additional communities.
- Best Practice Policies for Safe Routes to School at the CTAI conference, Idaho Rural Council, Safe Routes to Schools and New Partners for Smart Growth national conferences and in five additional Idaho communities.
- Healthy Communities workshops on public health and the built environment for more than 150 people in three Idaho communities: Lewiston; Idaho Falls; and Nampa.
- Sustainable Cities class at Boise State University.
- Additional presentations: Brokers Council of Idaho; Intermountain West Funders Network; Smart Growth America state caucus meeting; COMPASS Demographic Advisory Committee; University of Idaho class; Boise State University.
- Citizen’s Guide on Smart Growth written and published in partnership with the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
- Held our 7th annual Grow Smart Awards event with over 150 people attending and presented 8 awards, including the Charles Hummel award to Peter O’Neill.
- Hosted a breakfast with Gary Toth, Director, Transportation Initiatives with the Project for Public Spaces.
- Conducted two “members only” tours of smart growth in the Treasure Valley.