- Job Opening - Idaho Smart Growth Executive Director
- Idaho Smart Growth is seeking an experienced, talented and ...
- New Idaho Smart Growth Publication: Area of City Impact: A Tool Kit of Guidelines and Resources
- As Idaho continues to grow, it must grow in a way that ...
- Welcome new board members and officers!
- Idaho Smart Growthis pleased to announce the addition of ...
How We Work
Idaho Smart Growth's strategic plan provides long term guidance and annual plans provide specific objectives and tasks to meet our long term goals. Each year, we work with more than a dozen different communities throughout the state of Idaho, including places like Nampa, Idaho Falls, Lewiston, Coeur d'Alene, Homedale, Potlatch, American Falls, and Mountain Home.
Our work generally falls into 4 project areas, described below.
To stay up to date on these issues, join our email list.
To read more about our work, click on the projects below.
- Transportation Choices
- Idaho Land Use Analysis
Click here to learn how we are implementing recommendations from this 2010 study, including developing a transportation and land use training with the Idaho chapter of the American Planning Association, examining Idaho’s Area of City Impacts, and engaging people in the Boise area long range transportation plan update.
- Creating Quality Infill
Click here to read about our work clarifying ex parte guidelines and piloting a priority area incentive project in Boise.
- Grow Smart Awards
Click here to read about our annual awards which highlight outstanding quality development, plans, and policies that promote safer, healthier, happier, and more prosperous communities