The C.P.A. is a collaborative project of Idaho Smart Growth and the U of I College of Law in Boise and the U of I Bioregional Planning Program. This monthly series is designed to help citizens become effective advocates on a wide range of planning topics. Programs are free and open to all. We have designed the sessions to build on one another so we hope you can join us for them all but they will be videotaped and made available online if you cannot.
The 2017 series begins on Wednesday, February 1st at 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at the Idaho Law Learning Center on Jefferson Street and occurs monthly on the first Wednesday of each month!
FEBRUARY – Planning – more than balancing Property Rights & Regulation: Successful communities plan for their future
- Speaker: Professor Jaap Vos, PhD., University of Idaho
MARCH – LLUPA: Not a new dance – it’s the Local Land Use Planning Act
- Speaker: Professor Stephen Miller, J.D., University of Idaho
APRIL – Comprehensive Planning: What is it? Why do it? Does it work?
- Speaker: Patricia Nilsson, Development Services Director, Canyon County
MAY – Ordinance & Zoning: Understanding the Base Tools for Regulation
- Speaker: Diane Kushlan, Professional Planner
JUNE – DA, PUD, CUP, Area of Impact: The alphabet soup of development bargaining
- Speakers: Hal Simmons, Planning Divisions Director in Boise, and Hethe Clark, Partner at Spink Butler LLC. and Idaho Smart Growth Board Member
JULY – How and Why to Influence Budgets
- Speakers: Toni Tisdale, Principal Planner at COMPASS, and John Franden, former ACHD Commissioner and Idaho Smart Growth Board Member
AUGUST – Smart Growth: The Intersection of Land Use and Transportation
- Speakers: Scot Oliver, Idaho Smart Growth Executive Director, and Todd Shallat, Professor of History and Urban Studies, Boise State University
SEPTEMBER – CIM, ITD, Highway Districts, LHTAC, TIP: Navigating the Maze of Transportation
- Speakers: Kelli Badesheim, Executive Director Valley Regional Transit (VRT), and Elaine Clegg, Idaho Smart Growth Program Coordinator
OCTOBER – TAP & Complete Streets: Road Design that will have you dancing in the streets
- Speakers: Karen Gallagher, City of Boise Associate Transportation Planner, and Deanna Smith, Idaho Smart Growth Program Coordinator
NOVEMBER – Partnering with Developers
- Speakers: Doug Fowler, Founder, President, and CEO of LeNir Ltd., and Bob Taunton, President of Taunton Group, LLC
DECEMBER – Testimony with Impact