2021 sessions were focused on the theme Tools for Good Growth. Each session dove deep into a particular regulatory tool used in planning and helped attendees learn ways to achieve the growth they want in their community. Attendees heard from leaders in the field and learned tools to become more informed and effective. 2021 session topics included:
- LLUPA – History of Planning and the creation and role of LLUPA
- Comprehensive Planning vs Zoning– What is the difference? How do they work?
- Land Use Part 1 – The Growth of Cities: area of impact and annexation.
- Land Use Part 2 – How Ordinances Shape a City
- How Development happens – The Role of the Applicant – from idea to application.
- How Decisions are made – The Role of the City/County – from inquiry to adoption.
- How Citizens engage – The Role of the Community – from outreach to hearing.