If you’re someone who is excited about helping to make our state a better place for walking, biking and transit, you might enjoy serving as a Smart Growth Ambassador.
Smart Growth Ambassadors represent Idaho Smart Growth as volunteers at events throughout the state. Anyone can become an ambassador!
You help us spread the message about smart growth, inspire others to join the movement and promote smart growth to residents throughout the state.
HOW TO BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
To become an Ambassador, you’ll first need to attend our Citizens Planning Academy (CPA) and complete our CPA passport.
Those who complete our passport program will be given a special, limited edition Smart Growth Ambassador t-shirt. There are live and pre-recorded series options available. Live option dates, times and topics can be found here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Smart Growth Ambassador, here’s what you can do:
- Volunteer at events: Represent Idaho Smart Growth at events and encourage event attendees to take specific actions (e.g. sign a petition, fill out a survey, etc.). We’ll give you talking points and materials.
- Attend events in your own community: If you are aware of a popular event in your community such as a farmers market, health fair or public meeting, you can ask the organizers if you can represent Idaho Smart Growth as an ambassador.
- Organize a pop-up demonstration project in your community: Advocate for smart growth conditions in your community. If you’re interested in learning more, contact email@example.com.
- Get vocal on social: Follow Idaho Smart Growth on social media and help push the content further by commenting, liking, sharing and retweeting content to your friends and contacts.
As an Ambassador, you will be building awareness of our current Smart Growth work including:
- Advocacy & tabling talking points
- Email list sign up form (online form)
- Commonly asked smart growth questions